Entries from January 14th, 2014
Horoscope – Week Beginning January 15
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Mix Tape – Pitbull, Ke$ha, Britney Spears, Eminem, Rihanna
Monday, January 13, 2014
I am my father’s daughter…
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Bernard Lee Shaw is my father. He was a good soul and always kind to everybody. Anyone who ever had the honor of meeting him loved him – He was the kindest, truest most thoughtful, sincere and genuine man that I (and those who met him) have ever known. The smile that would come upon his face every time he saw my mom, sister and me made us feel so cherished and adored. He taught my sister, Gillian, and me all of life’s important lessons and was our close friend and hero. Dad taught us what we needed to learn in life by setting an example through his own life. His goodness cannot and need not be expressed by words. The memories of my father are great… He loved making jokes and having a laugh. And, he was a talented guitarist – he would always play, sing and write songs for me and Gillian. He was extremely intelligent and spent every moment that he could with us. The relationship my sister and I have had with our dad has influenced every aspect of our lives… Describing my father should be easy… But finding the words in a time of loss and sadness is far from simple.
I am my father’s daughter, daddy’s little girl… I will love, cherish and remember him always.
Bernard Lee Shaw
September 3, 1945 – December 17, 2013
Horoscope – Week Beginning January 8
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Good News to Start 2014
* Fewer people are dying young, and more are living longer.
* Fewer people suffer from extreme poverty, and the world is getting
* War is becoming rarer and less deadly.
* Rates of murder and other violent crimes are in free-fall.
* There’s less racism, sexism, and other forms of discrimination in the
* Same-sex marriage is now legal in 15 countries and 18 states in the U.S.
Wikipedia says: “Polls in various countries show that there is rising
support for legally recognizing same-sex marriage across race, ethnicity,
age, religion, political affiliation, and socioeconomic status.”
* In 2013, Americans took steps to expand preschool for the poor.
* In 2013, the U.S. saw homelessness drop again.
* Donors pledged the largest amount ever to fight AIDS.
* Transgender women gained a voice on television.
* Developing countries are enabling women to make informed
* Malala helped send 40 girls and counting to school.
* Students used proms to push for racial integration.
* We’re winning the fight against malaria and polio.
Horoscopes by Rob Brezsny