There’s no use trying to plan ahead. It’s counterproductive to hold a particular
scenario in our mind as the likely development. And it’s downright crazy to harbor a chronic sense of dread about an unknowable, unimaginable series of events.
The best way to prepare for a shift in life is to cultivate mental and emotional states that ripen us to be ready for anything:
* a commitment to not getting lost inside our own heads;
* a strategy to avoid being enthralled with the hypnotic lure of painful emotions, past events, and worries about the future;
* a trust in empirical evidence over our time-worn beliefs and old habits;
* a talent for turning up our curiosity full blast and tuning in to the raw truth of every moment with our beginner’s mind fully engaged;
* and an eagerness to dwell gracefully in the midst of all the interesting questions that tease and teach us.
Horoscopes by Rob Brezsny